Everything I Do, I Do It For You

I'm here for...

Saturday, May 07, 2011

...It's Your Day Mama...





Mama...

I know we sometimes argue and

I sometimes blow my lid

But I still love you very much

I'm only just a kid...




Mama...

Sometimes I need to push against

The fences you erect

Even though I know they're there

To shelter and protect...




Mama...

I know you want the best for me

And to keep me from all harm

I just want you to know that I couldn't

Have a better mom...




Mama...

I love you and I need you, even though

I may at times have made you tear your hair

I set myself apart, but even so

Your presence and your love are always there

You are my jail cell and ten-ton door

That keeps me from just being who I am

And so I pound the walls and go to the war

Ramming the rules that I can ram

Yet though I must rebel, all the while

I know your love's the ground on which I stand

I wait upon the flash of your proud smile

And twist inside at every reprimand

I'm sorry for the times I've caused you pain

After these brief storms, love will remain...




Mama, I love you

For all that you do

I'll kiss and hug you

'Cause you love me, too...




Mama...

You feed me and need me

As much as i need you too

So smile 'cause I love you

On this MOTHER'S DAY...



^.^


0 comments: